Inviting BriscoWeb To Access DNS on GoDaddy
Delegating GoDaddy Access to BriscoWeb is a fairly simple process, however, we know many of our clients aren’t very tech-savvy. GoDaddy is a popular domain name provider, with a large share of our customers using them, which has made this process both simple & secure.
When you purchase a domain name from GoDaddy they assign you a domain name server or DNS. This DNS tells the domain where to find the website server, email server, & a variety of other functions as well. Needless to say, this should be kept secure & only given to trusted webmasters like BriscoWeb.
That’s why we will show you how to delegate access to BriscoWeb while retaining full ownership & control of your domain. So let’s begin.
Steps for Delegating Access to BriscoWeb
- Log in to your GoDaddy account & visit the GoDaddy delegate access page.
- Once on the delegate access page, there will be a section titled “People Who Can Access My Account”. Under it will be a plus sign with an “Invite to Access” button. Click on the button.
- You will then be prompted to enter the name & email of the person you are inviting. BriscoWeb will give you these emails privately.
- Next, you will be given 3 options for how much access to grant. We will only need access to manage products & domains only, so select this option.
- Now click invite, & it’s all done. An email will be sent directly to us notifying us of this permission being granted.
This is one of many tasks you as a customer will need to take care of when launching a new website with BriscoWeb. If you are already a customer, chances are you’ve already been through this process. The technical names oftentimes make our customers pause, so we hope this blog post has been helpful in showing how easy it really is.
Remember to always contact us if you have any issues.
Thanks for taking the time to read, & be sure to check out our other help topics & blog posts.